Okay, you guys ready? Let's kick off the 4th day of BBF with an interview with horror writer, Jason Andrew Bond.
Here's the preview: Leatherface, Chainsaw art, sectioned bits, and a message to couch potatoes. Enjoy.
"Down to it."
1. What’s your favorite scary movie?
Alien. The first one was the best one. The tension and discovery of the creature as the story progresses is so great.
2. Do you own a chainsaw? Do you know how to use it?
I grew up in the mountains in Oregon. While I don't have one right now, I could probably carve a bear out of a log with some trial and error. :)
3. If you had to kill someone, how would you do it, and where would you bury the body?
The secret to getting away with murder is the lack of physical evidence. Crimes of anger, etc spray evidence everywhere. Be calm is the first step. Collect the person (who obviously deserved it for doing some horrible wrong and sliding through a corrupt/weak/ineffective system) and get them to go calmly along with you. After the act the body should be sectioned into small bits that can each be fully encased in concrete. (Note this should be done in a location that cannot be traced to you or the victim (who deserved it don't forget). Once the bits are encased they should be taken out into the ocean and dropped off the continental shelf. No body... EVER. :)
4. If you could meet one fictional horror character (from a book or movie), who would it be and why? What would you ask them?
I'd want to ask the giant spider from Stephen King's It why he had to ruin a perfectly good novel. :)
5. You’re driving through a forest at night. A woman leaps out through the trees and frantically waves her arms for you to stop the car. She’s covered in blood. Do you stop?
No, I slow down, grab her and pull her onto my lap and tear off into the night. Why the hell do people get out of their car, stop see if everyone's okay? Let's have a conversation! Meanwhile the girl is screaming and yelling that we have to run. I have news for you. A girl covered in blood tells me to run, I'm gonna be OUT OF THERE. NOW! :)
6. What are you most scared of? And you lose a limb if you say clowns, spiders, or heights.
Dying without having truly lived. Get up off the couch folks. You only have so many heartbeats left.
7. I had a British woman say to me once that she thinks it best to stay away from horror writers because there must be something wrong with them. Weigh in.
It's all about catharsis. Yes, horror writers are twisted, but they are getting out the problem through writing. Don't fear those exorcising their demons, fear those who are keeping them bottled up.
8. Favorite death in a horror movie?
Oh man, Texas Chainsaw when we first see Leatherface. That's how death would be, quick. Bam Thump! and you're gone and dragged into the back. I don't like dragged out fight scenes. There's not a lot of tension in fight scenes. We're just waiting to see who wins. The tension is what happens before the axe falls.
9. Have you ever hitchhiked? If yes, who picked you up?
No, but I sure as hell wouldn't give 'em my zip code if you know what I mean. :P Anyone? ... Hello? :)
10. What’s your latest release? Describe it in one word, and give us that Amazon link already!
Mortal Remains. One word: Ascent.
Buy it on Amazon:
Thank you, Jason, for stopping by!